What's Making Me Happy: January 2018
In lieu of a gratitude list, I've been keeping a section in my Bullet Journal reserved for discoveries that have put a smile on my face. Here's what I've been loving so far.
- I'm going to the Pacific Northwest! My flight is booked and I am headed to Vancouver and Seattle mid-year. I'm also spending time in Calgary and Banff (ooh, Canadian Rockies!). Soexcited.
- MUJI Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser. I have long been into aromatherapy and wanted a diffuser so my room could smell like a spa all day, but refused to get one unless it was from MUJI. Luckily, I got this for Christmas. The brand's Relax Time blend is 👌👌👌
- Arkadia Chai Vanilla Tea Latte. Another Christmas gift, I got this from my neighbor Mimi, who got it while on vacation in Australia. SO GOOD.
- Oprah's Golden Globe Speech. I tear up every time.
- Astrology for Yourself: How to Understand and Interpret Your Own Birth Chart. For all the woo lovers out there, this makes all the planet / house / stellium / whatever malarkey a little easier to understand.
- Speaking of Oprah, the Oprah and Gayle Forever Instagram account is a thing of joy.
- And speaking of Instagram, have you seen Jeff Goldblum Memes yet? (It is no surprise that I love this account—Jeff Goldblum was in Portlandia after all).
- The BBC's 2017 remake of Little Women. Seriously the one and only time I didn't want to kick Amy for her time in Europe with Laurie. And also the only time I wasn't completely unimpressed by Professor Bhaer. Also—Maya Hawke (Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke's daughter) as Jo!
- Amazon Original's The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. From Gilmore Girls and Bunheads creator Amy Sherman-Palladino, this chatty period piece is lovely. I haven't finished all the episodes yet, but winding down at the end of the day watching this has been so comforting.
- Heartland on Netflix. I was never into horses, but I landed on this Canadian series thanks to Vix of New Age Hipster. I am currently six seasons in and have four more to go. I love feel good, family TV! Plus, it's set in Alberta which I'll be visiting in a couple of months, so my mood is set and I'm raring to go see cowboys and rodeos. Haha.
If you've never tried making list of all the things that make you happy, I highly recommended it. It's an easy mood-booster that doesn't cost a thing. :)